Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm Rich!!!!!!

No, I did not win the lottery.  Darn. 

I have family.  I have brothers who would drive a few hundred miles to protect me if I needed them to do so.  I have a sister who is made of pure gold...worth at least a million dollars per ounce.  My folks are deeply good in every way.  I have ten children, a son in law, two soon to be daughters in law, kids' friends, and three precious little grand babies. 

My wealth is titanic in proportion.  It is beyond Donald Trump's, far more than anyone's on Forbe's Fortune Five Hundred list.

I have family.

I have friends.

God's gifts are fabulous when you just sit and consider them all.  Finest of those treasures comes in human form. 

Life has held so many stresses, trials - both legal and relational - heartaches, and insane moments this past few years.  But, I have had people at my back.  Prayers have been spoken on my behalf with a tremendous amount of love and sincerity.  Bonds of friendship and confidentiality have been forged during very private, intimate conversation, prayer, and sharing of tears.  With a formidable force, holding up my hands and strengthening weakened knees, I have faced each of the moments of the past many months.  I did not do it alone.

God sent the valuable riches of His hands, arms, and voice through people.  Friends, new and old.  Family.

Today, my thoughts are turned to these treasures in my life.  Gratefulness is all I can feel.  All I can express.

Thank you my friends. Thank you my family, some of whom are my very best friends.  Thank you, Father.

I am rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment