Friday, August 12, 2011

I belong, I belong, I belong....to YOU!!!!

Sometimes, it is hard to be single and not belong to anyone.  I'm feeling that way tonight.  And rather mopey about it, too.  Not a pity party really, but rather a realization of my 'place' in life. 

I'd like to believe I could win the heart of a kind, gracious, loving, winsome man....that he'd love me well, and let me love him like crazy.  But, that is not happening, and I don't believe it will for many years, if ever. 

Blah.  That is not a good feeling.

As I worked around the house and yard tonight, getting ready for a real estate agent to show the house tomorrow morning, I yearned for the companionship of a helper, someone to work along side me, to dream with me on what we'd do if the house sold, where we'd go, what we would pitch, what we'd put in a moving sale, and all the days of excitement that might lie ahead.

But, I weeded alone.  I cleaned toilets and folded laundry alone.  But, I sang.  And one song kept coming to mind.  "I Belong".....over and over again, the song repeats the phrase, the spiritual mantra...."I belong, I belong to You, I belong, I belong to You, I belong, I belong to You..."

The first few times I heard this song, I thought it rather redundant in its lyrics, rather simple. Yet simple is powerful sometimes. And this is one of those times.

As I worked alone, and sang to the Lord, I was overcome with the fact that I do, indeed, belong to Him.  No matter who does not work beside me, or want me, or like me, or love me...I belong to and am loved by the One who can love and care for me best.  No, He's not tangible, and He doesn't mow the lawn or weed the garden areas with me, yet, He's more.  So much more.

He is the lover of my soul for its very best.  He loves me too much to give me lesser things. And the things I want, but He does not allow,must be the lesser things He will not bring into my life.

This is truth.  He loves me best.  He likes me best.  His design for my life is best.

I belong.

Jesus, you are a wonderful bridegroom, a faithful lover, a tender and merciful confident for my heart and soul.  Thank you..I love you.



1 comment:

  1. I will bookmark your blog so I can be encouraged by the journey you are on with your ultimate Bridegroom!

    ReplyDelete