Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm not learning...

Psalm 46:10.."Be still and know that I AM God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in all kingdoms."

And in my life, Lord.

Oh, really?

Just how still are you being and letting God have his perfect work in You?
When, exactly, have you stopped thrashing around trying to figure out all the details of life and how each one will play itself out for you?

What did you get that tattoo for, the one that reminds you to be still before God...to let Him BE God in your life? 

I'm wondering now, because I surely haven't been a good student in this ART 101....Art of Being Still Before the Father.  I have tended to jump ahead in my assignmemts and not waited for the details He wants to explain to me for each one.  So, that has meant I've included items that He never intended to be part of the art project. 

Really, this is not a personal butt whoopin' time.  I don't need guilt trips, and I don't thrive on 'should haves', 'oughts' and 'what ifs'.  But, the reality of striving has been shown to me. 
My own striving.

Another version of Psalm 46:10 says, "Cease striving and know that God is God."  Cease striving, stop wiggling, quit being agitated, don't try to figure out life so much; all things I've caught myself doing recently.

How about you?  Are you wrestling with life and the adventures it is throwing at you? Do you fret over the details when there is no possible way you could control them?  Are you believing God is at work in circumstances around you?

Sometimes, I strive. Sometimes I trust.  I prefer the trust option. It offers so much more serenity.

Be still. Stay in a state of serenity. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your thoughts and insight. This blog has been a huge help to me.

    ReplyDelete